Views:8 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-08-02 Origin:Site
As we all know, the most important issue in the use of pipelines is the welding of pipes. If the welding is not proper, the pipe will leak and lose the function of transportation. This shows the importance of pipe welding. In the process of using Krah pipes, attention should also be paid to the welding problem in order to ensure the normal use of Winded profile pipes. This article will describe several methods of welding HDPE spiral profile pipe.
This article contains the following:
Advantages of Krah pipes
Several methods of welding Winded profile pipes
1. Advantages of Winded Profile Pipes
1) The hydraulic condition is good. Because the inner surface of the HDPE spiral profile pipe is smooth, the roughness coefficient of the pipe is n=0.009. For the purpose of the carat tube, when the flow rate is calculated according to the Manning formula, under the same pipe diameter, the flow rate of the steel pipe is 30% larger than that of the steel pipe. When the same amount of sewage is used, the HDPE pipe is selected, and the pipe diameter can be reduced by 1-2 pipes than the steel pipe.
2) Good flexibility HDPE pipe is a flexible pipe, good extension performance, it is more suitable for construction and foundation settlement under poor ground conditions, especially in coastal areas, carat manufacturers, the foundation is poor, settlement is serious, this species The pipe can greatly adapt to uneven settlement.
3) Good sealing, can achieve zero leakage. Since the pipe connection can adopt the electrofusion welding technology, the two ends of the pipe are completely melted into one body, thereby ensuring that the interface does not leak.
4) Light weight, easy to install Reduce labor intensity and shorten the construction period.
5) Wide range of pipe diameters produced The diameter of the pipe produced by HDPE pipe is DN300-DN4000, which is much larger than that of PVC pipes (PVC pipe diameter is DN600).
6) Wear-resistant mortar wear test proves that the life of high-density polyethylene (PE) pipeline is more than 4 times that of steel pipeline.
Most Krah pipes are produced with an integrated socket and spigot. These are adaptable to the following listed jointing technologies. As various tests and decades of experience have shown, the jointed part of a pipe system is usually the most vulnerable part.The pipe is mostly exposed to possible leakages. Several methods of welding pipes are provided below.
Above all the electro fusion jointing technique is the favorite of all pipe connection systems. The Krah pipes are usually soldered using this method.
A fusion wire is included into the socket of the pipe. After putting the socket and spigot of the two pipes, that shall be connected, together, the wire is heated with the help of a special fusion device whereby the two pipe ends (the socket and the spigot) are welded together. This jointing technique allows pipes to be installed in such a short period of time never achieved before. With only one welding device it is possible to install a pipeline of 72 m with a diameter of 1200 mm inbetween 8 hours.
l Extrusion Welding
The pipes and/or fittings which shall be connected are jointed by a socket and spigot joint. Thus the two pipe ends are connected with the help of an extrusion welding device.
The jointing method can be carried out inside or/and outside of the pipe. This jointing is most suitable for low-pressure gravity pipes and manholes.
l V-seam extrusion welding
The pipes and fittings are jointed with the help of an extrusion welding extruder.
The outside of the ends are chamfered. As a result the welding seam looks like a "V". Normally no socket-spigot connection is used.
l Butt Fusion
The pipes and fittings are jointed with the help of a heating element butt welding machine. The ends of the pipes and fittings are butt-welded.
This kind of jointing method is only recommended for pipes and fittings with a maximum wall thickness of 150 mm and with diameters from DN/ID 300 mm to DN/ID 2500 mm.
l Flange Connection
The ends of the pipes and fittings are jointed with the help of a steel flange and a rubber gasket.
Depending on the type of pipe the flange adapters are completely manufactured with the pipe, or the flanges are available as separate fittings. This kind of jointing method is mostly used for open sea discharge application and for tank connections. The greatest advantage of this connection is the facility of disjointing.
These are just a few of the ways you can weld HDPE spiral profile pipes. Using the correct welding method to ensure the closure of the pipe is critical. Only in this way can the pipe work normally and function as a transport.