Views: 63 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-04-02 Origin: Site
Although there are many different types of HDPE pipes in the market, they also can not meet the various needs of people, most of them have different requirements for the shapes of HDPE pipes. As a result, many people want to glue HDPE profiled pipe by themselves, but have no idea about what to do. This passage provides two main ways for you to glue the HDPE profiles spiral pipes by yourself. In a hence, you can design any types of HDPE pipe to meet your need. Here are the details.
1. If you want to stick a part of HDPE to another part, polish it with 120 mesh sandpaper at the top of the bottom part and at the bottom of the top part.
2. Use a bristled tool or a damp cloth to remove dust from the HDPE to facilitate HDPE adhesion. Any dust will affect the adhesion.
3. Mix the glue according to the manufacturer's instructions. The epoxy glue must be mixed with a hardener to form a strong bond. Different epoxy glues are mixed differently, some with spray guns and some with hand mixing.
4. Apply the glue thickly to the HDPE surface. Press HDPE onto the surface you wish to combine and join the two parts together until the color is uniform and the glue is smooth.
5. Adhere HDPE to the manufacturer's specified time until the glue solidifies.
1. Ignite the appliance containing propane and adjust its flame. The flame tip is yellow and gently melts the surface of HDPE. The principle is that the yellow flame is cooler than the blue flame, while the red or blue flame burns the surface.
2. Move the HDPE surface back and forth and apply glue. Continue this action for 2 to 3 seconds. If you are using a circular workpiece, you need to rotate it to apply even heat when applying the flame.
3. Place a drop of water on the HDPE surface to test. If the surface is fully destroyed, the water will spread. If it is not completely destroyed, the water will turn into beads, and you will need to repeatedly heat the surface with a flame.
4. Prepare the epoxy according to the manufacturer's instructions, mix and apply to the HDPE surface. Press to the HDPE you wish to combine. Wait for the appropriate length of time as required by the manufacturer until the glue solidifies.
Tips for gluing HDPE pipes:
1.Clean the pipe thoroughly before applying the glue, clean the pipe with some cloth, but make sure not to wet the area. If the pipe is wet, dry the water with a dry cloth.
2.If the edge of the pipe is slightly rough. Use a piece of sandpaper to sand it, but don't forget to clean it again after sanding.
3.When installing polyethylene pipes together, only one type of glue can be used, and the glue is preferably of the type required by the manufacturer. If the instructions clearly state that polyethylene is required, make sure you are using a polyethylene binder. This allows you to securely install the pipes together without worrying that the solvent will quickly decompose or damage the pipe, causing leaks when using the pipe in the future.
EAGLE Company specializes in the development and manufacture of HDPE profiles, tanks and related accessories with proven technology and core equipment. If you have a need on HDPE, please contact us in time, we will try our best to provide you with a satisfactory service to meet your existing needs.