Views: 252 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-04-16 Origin: Site
Plastics can be divided into two types, thermoset polymers and thermoplastics. Its main feature is that the thermosetting polymer can only be melted and molded for one time, and will become solid after cooling. While Thermoplastics can be melted and molded for many times, which means they can be recycled continuously. Both PVC and HDPE are thermoplastics, but their classifications are different. PVC is amorphous and HDPE is semi-crystalline. But on the other hand, both of them are commercial polymers.
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is an inexpensive and durable vinyl polymer, it is also the third most popular plastic after polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP). PVC pipes are less expensive than HDPE pipes, but they are lightweight and durable, making them ideal for pipeline applications in the ground and underground, and are therefore popular among pipe installers.
PVC is mainly used in construction projects and is widely used in pipe production. An application of plastic pipe, which was first developed by PVC pipe, is formed by using a polyvinyl chloride resin, a stabilizer, a lubricant, etc., and then extrusion molding by hot pressing. It has good tensile strength, compressive strength, corrosion resistance and good water tightness.
High density polyethylene (HDPE) is a polyethylene thermoplastic made from petroleum. HDPE pipe is a replacement product of traditional steel pipe and PVC drinking water pipe. Not only should it be economical, but its materials are shock resistant and can suppress and absorb shock waves, minimizing surges that can affect the system. HDPE pipes are therefore easy to use in underground pipelines.
The HDPE pipe connection uses butt welding, electric welded pipe hoop connection, sealing ring socket sleeve and threaded connection, so the interface is stable and reliable. In addition, it has a series of advantages such as crack resistance, aging resistance, corrosion resistance, and also better wear resistance and heat resistance.
Although both materials are durable, their strength, application, etc. are different. The following are the specific differences between HDPE and PVC. You may get more information about the differences of HDPE and PVC, and it may be useful in helping you select these two types of tubes.
1. HDPE and PVC have different pressures at the same thickness. The HDPE pipe wall must be 2.5 times thicker than the PVC pipe to achieve the same rated pressure as the PVC pipe.
2. HDPE is more suitable for making fireworks. Because HDPE can fire the fireworks shell to the right height, it is more suitable for making fireworks.
3. The installation methods of HDPE and PVC are different. HDPE is more suitable for low pressure installation, while PVC is more suitable for direct and non-excavation installation.
4. HDPE and PVC have different advantages. PVC is heavier and stronger than HDPE, while HDPE is harder, more wear-resistant and heat-resistant, and it can withstand the temperature up to 230 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. HDPE has absorption characteristics that suppress vibration. That also means, the HDPE tube can suppress and absorb shock waves, while PVC cannot.
6. HDPE pipes and fittings are versatile and can be prefabricated, but the prefabrication of PVC pipe is impossible.
7. Different gases are released after combustion. HDPE does not release harmful gases after combustion, and PVC releases toxic gases after combustion. Therefore, HDPE pipes are less harmful to the environment than PVC pipes.
EAGLE Company specializes in the development and manufacture of HDPE profiles, tanks and related accessories with proven technology and core equipment. If you have a need on HDPE, please contact us in time, we will try our best to provide you with a satisfactory service to meet your existing needs.